EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
BEFORE YOU BEGIN...
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
Straighten your arms and place them out in front of you touching your thighs.
Contract your abs and slide your hands down your thighs towards your knees
Reach as far as you can until your abdominals are fully contracted
squeeze for 1 second and then slowly return to the starting position
1. Lie on your back with your legs straight and heels touching the floor.
2. Place your fingertips on the side of your head, elbows pointing forwards
3. Contracting your abs, raise your torso, keeping your fingertips and elbows in place
4. Simultaneously drive one knee up and back towards the opposing elbow.
5. Gently touch your opposing elbow and knee.
6. Slowly reverse the movement until you are back in the starting position
1. Sit on the floor holding a light dumbbell or medicine ball
2. Hold the weight with both hands and place your feet together
3. Contracting your abs, lean back ensuring both your torso and feet are elevated off the ground
4. Twist your torso and touch the weight on the floor beside you
5. Twist your torso to touch the weight on the opposing side
1. Ly on the floor holding a weighted object above your head with elbows bent facing forwards
2. With your legs straight and feet together, contracting your abs
3. Elevate your feet and drive them up until abs are fully contracted
4. Slowly lower your legs until you are back in the starting position
1. Ly on the floor with your arms down beside you
2. With your legs straight and feet shoulder-width apart, contracting your abs
3. Raise your feet off the ground and cycle your legs as if you were on a bike
4. perform the movement slowly and continue until you can no longer keep your abs contracted
1. Ly face down on the floor with your legs straight and feet together, using your elbows to support your torso
2. To start the plank, raise your hips off the floor until your body is inline
3. Hold this position ensuring you control your breathing and keep your core tight
4. Plank until your form fails
LYING AB STRETCH
1. Ly face down on the floor with your legs straight and feet together, with your hands placed on the floor under your chest
2. To start the stretch, extend your arms pushing your torso off the floor
3. Focus on keeping your chest elevated and until you feel a deep stretch with your abdominals
4. Hold this stretch for 15-20 seconds, repeat 3 times